Saturday, September 27, 2008

What is Copy right

Copyright Issues


The hot topic on web always will be Copyright. What is this copyright? And why people won’t allow you to copy their content. This is my target topic today which inspired me to write this article.

Being online from last 2 years, I saw almost all the blogs and sites will include a copyright link mentioning not to copy their content without permission. Are they really taking the rights on that content or just warning the visitors by keeping a simple menu called Copyright. These are all unanswered questions.

But here, is that really necessary to take copyrights or warn users not to copy. I would say it’s not necessary as far as it’s a book or something important you are inventing into web through your blog.

Anyway here am not covering all about copyrights like how to take rights? What to do if anyone violates them? If you are really interested to know them visit labnol.org where Amit covered all those faqs.

But the conclusion from my side is until you are doing something extra which is not reproducible by others, you don’t need to take rights and warn visitors not to copy that. I don’t mind if my visitors copy content from TZI. Because from this I will get link back and intern traffic from that.

But the people who are copying content need to remember that copying content won’t help you anymore. Ofcourse you can take some content or idea from that article or anything limited.

No comments: